Friday 3 July 2015

The Sketchbook Project World Tour Book

The Sketchbook Project kicked off in 2006, and in 2011 fell onto my radar.  I paid the fee, got the sketchbook, got inspired, filled it out, and returned it to join the sketchbook library in Brooklyn NY.  What has come since has been a continual love for this great project.  The sweetest thing about this library is that it tells you when someone has viewed your sketchbook.  It's so nice to know that it is still being enjoyed by people who visit the library.






My sketchbook has been included in some cool stuff the last few years including being viewed by lovely people, going on tour and more recently being included in this bumper Sketchbook Project book.  This book documents sketchbooks from all over the world, but still only is able to include a handful (compared to how many sketchbooks and pages of sketchbooks there are!) of sketchbook page spreads.

This book is just amazing.  And whats more is that my work is featured (2 pieces) numerous times!  Not too sure how I managed that, but I'm feeling super proud of my little sketchbooks that I sent off to be part of this project.

You can find The Sketchbook project at The Brooklyn Art Library or online at : www.sketchbookproject.com


Have you participated in the Sketchbook Project or one like it?  I'd love to hear about it.

No comments: